Friends of mine just got a new pup, and it took me back to my childhood and all the dogs we had. We were talking about dog fences (they have a nice sized yard in Coquitlam) and it reminded me of the wonderful fence my Dad built for our Husky when I was in high school.
(For those of you unfamiliar with the Husky breed, they DIG, and are professional escape artists).
Anyway, about the dog fence:
- Diamond wire
- Hole making tool (don't you love my high tech terminology? ;-)
- Make holes at even intervals where the vertical posts will be.
- Dig trenches in the ground to connect the holes.
- Attach diamond wire to vertical posts, with the bottom of the wire touching the bottom of the trenches.
- Lay logs in the trenches and attach the bottom of the diamond wire to the logs.
- Fill the trenches, burying the logs.
The net result is a dog fence that even the most over zealous digger can't get beneath. It's a lot of work to install this particular fence, but it's worth the effort.
Return to Jeanne's Blog List